Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jaded

Don't stand in my way Don't steal my rage Don't think that you can manipulate the way that I inhabit my soul today I'm not here to step aside and watch the ride go by I'm not here to swallow light and gentle step the tense and trying times Step into my space and I'll show you my world today I'll show you something new, something the surface won't display Hang onto that truth like diamond and ring Parade it and I'll toss you like loose coins in a wishpond This is the way I handle myne This is the way I protect my truth I want to escape, I want to draw near So much to learn of self that I most fear Above all - to remain true and not to wane to pressures of the day To live To love

1 comment:

  1. Aloha ,
    Enjoyed my visit and reading your gift of words. It is a blessings to meet other poets.

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete