Tuesday, April 13, 2010

For My Lunar

Age does bring wisdom and courage, they say,

And memories abounding, but how wondrous bright

I find I see the past, like gleaming shadows

They burn and flicker in my mind.

So many years have gone by and yet how infantile they appear.

Yet, how infantile you seem tonight under the magnificent

Rays of the shimmering full moon.

The rays and warmth of the ripened sun remind me of you.

The glow and silent smile of the moon remind me of you.

The soft wind blowing across the trees remind me of you.

These and other things remind me of you.

These and other things will always keep you in me

So tonight we’re going to wish upon a star we’ve never wished upon before.

Tonight you will cup your face in the curve of my palm and I will hold you.

Tonight my wish will be of longevity in life and in wisdom,

And in the prelude of a fathomless bliss of undying dreams

And the continual remembrance of a beautiful and palpable glowing full moon.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment