Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Cry Me a New Beginning

Another year has come and gone So many lessons were there to learn And some of them I may have missed, And here another year comes anew. Though I may cry for some guiding hand To lead me out of the hindering pit, Indeed I know I must stretch my hand Out of the pit if I must get some help Exhausted and crushed I may be now Defeated and beaten down to earth But only I can pick me up To start again to make new strides And in this fleeting days of illusion I must stand for myself to live And though I may have failed before I will try some more, again and again, To learn to overcome the lower self And passions of the mind in life Of anger, lust and vanity, Of attachment and even greed, With those true virtues of the mind Of patience, and right sense to choose Of humility, and detachment too, Of contentment, the state of being Though the path be strewn with thorns And may be slippery at best at times My Inner Guidance I still will trust As I cry me a new beginning, The Light of God will shine my way The Sound of God will lead my path Through the valley and shadow ways I shall emerge again a better I.

No comments:

Post a Comment