Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sublime

Do I do this for profit? Do I sink my nails into this pen, And divulge all that is within me for a coin? I started in this because this is what I wanted to do. I knew I wasn't going to write the great novels, But I also knew there was more to life than writing something for A shilling and selling it for two. I'd hoped to create something, Something which could be held to the highest standards. Something that could be engrained in the minds of Generations. Something that would outlast my existence. Something that would define the peak of man’s civilization. What I realized was I wanted to give this voice to the World, And I wanted to give it unvarnished. The more we all know about each other, the greater the chance we will survive. Sure, I want to make a profit. You can't exist without one. But this is not the goal. It is not the inevitable. Exposing the voices is a privilege and a responsibility, And it is not exploitable….. I have earned this privilege. As the writer, I urge you to free the voices. Free your mind and let the sublime literature flow into you.

No comments:

Post a Comment